Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Welcome!

I have the addiction- the incurable "genealogy bug"! I've combined my historical research skills with my Google searching skills and now with blog technology for a new adventure here! I would like to share my successes, failures, research experience and genealogical frustrations here with fellow addicts, with an emphasis on Midwestern Genealogy.

As for me, I started researching my family tree when I was fourteen- driven to find out more about the maternal grandfather that I had never met. Success was finding him, still alive, retired and living in Georgia, when I was twenty-two, making a four generation reunion possible! (Can it get any sweeter than that?) Now I have a Masters degree in Genealogy and Family History from the University of Minnesota - my thesis was :"Raiders of the Secret Archives: Genealogists, Electronic Records and the 21st Century- Digitizing the Interface". I volunteer time at the local Family History Center in Brooklyn Park, MN and lecture on a variety of genealogical topics yearly. I've published one family history to date: Koenig Family History (on my German maiden name line from Radigke, Brandenberg, Germany) and am studying to take the A.G. exam in 2006.

1 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

The A.G. exam is the Accredited Genealogist exam, demonstrating a level of research and client report proficiency in a geographic genealogy research area, such as Midwestern States, New England States, etc.. A candidate researches a four generation family in the designated geographic area, researches and writes an eight hour exam on the records of the area using the resources of the Family History Library in SLC and defends their test and research before becoming accredited.

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home