Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

Friday, February 10, 2006

"With Dizzying Speed"

I'm still amazed at how quickly we can now research a brand new, full branch of our family tree, view the primary documents online, verify our research, check other sources and pedigrees and publish our own family tree online! We are truly working with dizzying speed- what formally took me weeks to accomplish can be finished in mere minutes! But I must pause and ask myself: at what cost?

Have I sacrificed any of my thoroughness in my haste to use the new speedy technology? Have I come to proper conclusions? Have I missed anyone in the records becuase I trust the "accuracy" of the indices? Do I get more easily sidetracked on other lines that marry into my main research line because it only costs me time online and not money for microfilm rentals? Have I transcribed all of the primary documents that I have been viewing and using to verify my lines into my PAF notes?

What are your reflections on the dizzying pace of today's research?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home