Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Independence Day

As we contemplate the glory of our historic rise as a free nation this weekend, let us not just watch the parades and fireworks but pause for reflection and our own duty to this great country. I often consider the words of Patrick Henry:"I know not what course others may take but as for me; give me liberty or give me death." Now while Patrick Henry lived until 1799 and did not die at the hands of the British, he did dedictate himself to public service until his death, preserving and defending the ideals he championed.

How can you affect your corner of the American community for good? Take action! I believe that is the greatest tribute we can make to those who have fought, died and defended and continue to defend our freedoms!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home