Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Favorite genealogy book?

So what is YOUR favorite genealogy book? The one you really can't do without for your standard research?
When I'm asked to make yearly recommendations for book purchases for local Family History Centers, I have my list of researched book titles- ones that I've read the reviews on, ones that I've checked out from the library or even browsed through at the local bookstore, or heard about from fellow researchers with specialties. There are the basic book lists and then the "would be great to have" lists. Since most of us are on tight budgets and hard cover books aren't inexpensive, we choose wisely for our personal libraries.
What I would have put at the top of my favorite genealogy book list years ago, The Handybook for Genealogists, wouldn't be at the top of my list today. Given the vast resources of the Internet, I can find many resources without paying for them, except for my search time, of course. So today, my favorite would be Professional Genealogy by Elizabeth Shown Mills. How about you, fellow researcher?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home