Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Midwestern States

The Midwestern states for genealogical certification are: Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, and Ohio. I have the good fortune of having had ancestors and family members live in ALL of these states. I've researched these states on many levels and in many facilities for over twenty years now and feel qualified to share my experiences and ask you to share yours as well- we are part of a learning community!

My own ancestry is German, Swiss, English, Scottish, Irish (really!), and French. (The French Huguenot line out of South Carolina has been pesky for eight years now but I still haven't given up.) Some of the key family surnames I research are : Koenig, Walworth, Bombal, Koester, Schwabro, Seyfert, Zurcher (Switzerland), Weber, Jung (Germany), Kasten, Bushhausen ( from the Hamburg area), McMillen, Dobbs, Booth, Helms, Ferguson (Ireland), Jamison(Ireland) , and Dupuy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home