Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

Monday, August 15, 2005

One Reminder- FEEFHS Conference

This upcoming weekend, August 19- 21 is the Federation of Eastern European Family History Societies (FEEFHS) conference in St. Paul. Over ninty presentations will be given Friday thru Sunday, ranging from the inexperienced beginner to the advanced level, on twenty-five ethnic and religious groups and various research techniques and challenges. I'm speaking on Saturday and am looking forward to the national level conference experience and will report back on the sessions that I attend here on the blog.

I finished my own notes on the Genealogical Resources of the Immigration History Research Center at the University of Minnesota on Friday and am, as usual, over-prepared. I really don't think that I can cover my eight pages of outlined notes in an hour, but I feel confident that I will be able to hightlight the collections and their potential nicely. I also plan to answer questions, as any good teacher should!

The summer of extensive research and blogging has also prompted me once again, to focus on getting some of my insights and knowledge published in a few places and getting myself on track to becoming recognized regionally and eventually, nationally. That plus working full-time, raising my family, studying for the A.G. exam, and volunteering in a few organizations sure should keep me out of trouble!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home