Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

Monday, January 02, 2006

Google and Genealogy Searching

So I read this weekend that Google may only turn up "less than one percent of the information on the web." (Halvor Moorshead) Man, am I BUMMED!!!!! I thought that I was geting at least 10 percent and that return Google searches over time would be hitting more of the new webpages that are added daily, thus increasing my odds of finding what I need.

So I have determined that I need a new Web Search strategy for genealogy- I HAVE to have better than one percent on searches!!!! I would like to explore a comprehensive search engine/web crawler strategy that could maximize my chances of finding relevant data. I will record my endeavors as I continue the blog this year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home