Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

Thursday, June 15, 2006

WWII Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946

Ancestry.com has another fine database for you to check- the WWII Army Enlistment Records. Over 8 million men and women enlisted, and while this is not the entirety of the list,it can be another helpful resource for your family history. You will find the usual name, date of enlistment, serial number, birth year and place and the enlistment information that you would expect, as well as education level, marital status, height and weight.

In checking on my grandfather, I see that he listed a year of college, which I am fairly certain he never attended, but I should check, since it is not something that I ever asked directly while he was alive- we always focused on the "war stories" and his discussions of the occupation of Japan as a Military Police Officer, a job he genuinely enjoyed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home