Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

Thursday, July 07, 2005

A Genealogy Poem by W. Brestal

"Genealogy is my pastime, I shall not stray
It maketh me to lie down and examine half-buried tombstones
It leadeth me into still courthouses, It restoreth my ancestral knowledge
It leadeth me in paths of Census Records and Ship's Passenger Lists for surname's sake
Yea, though I walk through the shadow of Research Libraries and Microfilm Readers
I shall fear no discouragement, for a strong urge is in me, the curiosity and motivation they comfort me
It demandeth preparation of storage space for the acquisition of countless documents
It anointeth my head with burning midnight oil; my Family Sheets runneth over
Surely Birth, Death and Marriage dates shall follow me all the days of my life
And I shall dwell in the House of a Family-History Seeker forever!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home