Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Teoma as a search engine

I utilized Teoma as a genealogy search engine today and had two surprises- one was the fact that they have merged with ask.com. Secondily was how weak the responses were to my genealogical queries. (I didn't care for the display on the search result page either.) While some of the entries I've seen before surfaced, others did not and while I know that this IS the main reason to utilize sevral search engines, I found few links to genealogical message boards and web pages, which one would believe would be a top ranked query response. So the search for the perfect combination of genealogical search engines AND the ancestry of Benjamin Dupuy of colonial South Carolina continues!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home