Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

Monday, July 31, 2006

Genealogy Today

Another spot to check is GenealogyToday.com. The site has a Family Tree Connection, Missing Person Register, Funeral Cards Online, Online Family Trees, a Surname Tracker Service, Local Genealogy Directory, and GenWeekly. With more than 50,000 registered users, new users are adding weekly to the site, which also has New England resources. I thought the Surname Tracker would be useful, since I would receive an e-mail when a match for my surname is found, so I wouldn't have to remember to check the site regularly myself.

While some of the services have fees, others are free. You could check, for example, the Ancestor Information Reprint Service, which has out of print books, photographs and documents that possibly mention your ancestor. Gift and supplies are available through the site's Marketplace. Maybe you could get your Christmas shopping done early this year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home