Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Truman Presidential Library

I just got back yesterday from my vacation down to the Kansas City area, including a stop at the Truman Presidential Library in Independence, Missouri. The facility is run by the National Archives, of course, and the President and his wife are buried in the central area. The musuem is excellent, with documents, displays, timelines, oral histories, TV clips, and even a genealogy of the President's family, complete with pictures!

As an educator, I have utilized the wonderful online scanned documents from the Truman Presidential Library and been very satisfied. There are only eleven Presidential Libraries so far, and President Truman helped plan this one from the ground up. I had never been to a Presidential Library and I have to say, this was a great stop, even for my children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home