Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

Saturday, September 02, 2006

New Search Eengine

Ask.com claims to be a "better search engine" so I give it a test run and found a few interesting differences from Google. For example, genealogy searches for a specific name in a locale brought fewer, but more focused results than my usual "end of line" checks for new online information. I was pleased with this level of filtering since I generally have to wade through so many unrelated web pages that merely mention the surname in question, even though I use genealogy as a key word in the search. The links were clean and quick- I just wish that I could say that I found an answer to one of the current research challenges that I have, but I didn't this time. The down side was that I couldn't connect to this blog page directly, so I don't know if they have included blogs in their parameters at this point.

Give it a try and success in the search!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home