Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Multimap as an online tool

Another online research tool is www.multimap.com

I used the website to check an area that I have searched through with traditional records extensively, Richland Center, Wisconsin, for ancestors on my maternal branch. The scale ran from 1:500,000 to 1:1,000,000. The map showed me the surrounding towns that I knew well from hours of census record research, where the siblings and families that married into my line had resided, such as Boaz, Rockbridge, Hickory Grove, Gays Mill and Boscobel. The larger scale showed me how far Richland Center was from the Iowa border and the capital city of Madison.

Again, as more and more records, maps, books and microfilms get digitized, we will be able to focus entirely on accurate online sources for our genealogical research.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home