Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Internet research

I love the Internet! You have any question and within seconds, you have lots of answers! Isn't it awesome?!?! (At work, they call me the "Google Queen". A title I try to live up to.) I remember when I might spend weeks to find the answers to history and genealogy questions, borrowing books through inter-library loan, reading microfiche and microfilm till my eyes hurt, writing dozens of letters trying to track down records. Now, type a few keywords into the search engine and you are in research heaven!
So, of course, I went to check on the Revolutionary War soldiers buried in Wisconsin. Guess what? So far, forty have been identified, through the work of Robert Carroon, and a bronze plaque with the names, units of service, and places of burial has been created by the Wisconsin Society Sons of the American Revolution. A photo of the plaque and the research is also published on the Internet, with links to short biographies of each of these soldiers. Check it out at : www.wissar.org/Graves.htm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home